Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ok will try again!

Long time no blog! Shall try and update this every Tuesday from now on, as that is my evening in!
Lots to tell about the lottie, things grew, things were harvested and the beds have been dug ready for next season!

The french beans were a bit of a disappointement, never growing more than 6 inches high and yielding one bean each. On closer inspection they never broke through their newspaper pots and so I'm assuming this stunted their growth!

Exciting gardening news, in May I got a greenhouse, courtesy of Ma and Pa who gave it to me as a pressie! This year I grew tomatoes, peppers, chillis and gooseberries in it!


Sister from Australia and my australian niece built a scarecrow in July, named "Lotttie" obviously! and she is standing proudly in the bean bed! She lost her head in October and has yet to be re-headed! She is wearing some fetching Australian clothes (not sure how they will stand up to a Devon winter!) I took some pictures but can't find them now.

We had a lovely holiday in Lanzarote in August with daughter and her friend K8. Although not the smooth start to the holiday we would have wanted! But THAT is a whole other story!
So now winter is upon us, the gales and rain of the last few weeks have been atrocious and as I type this the wind is battering the front of the house AGAIN! A busy few weeks ahead, this Friday the choir are helping with the switching on of the Christmas lights in OSM and then singing at the Christmas market on Saturday and then it's the Advent Carol Service on Sunday! Busy busy busy!
So until next Tuesday when I'll try and remember to blog......bye y'all x

No comments: