Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is it February already??

Where do the weeks go?
I got rather carried away with the fine weather and the fact that I'm now number 2 on the list for an allotment!
I planted 8 Rondo peas on the 26 January and by the 30th one had already germinated and I've named her Polly.


As you can see she went rather mad and is still the only pea to have germinated!
Today she is huge! I really need to slow her down or she'll be too far advanced to be planted out when the soil warms up.....there's early and there's early and she's far too early!
This is the picture taken today
I also put some seed potatoes out to chit on the 2nd of Feb and they are coming along quite nicely too, I didn't have any egg boxes or apple trays so I cut the cardboard inner tubes from a kitchen roll and made each potato a little stand. How versatile am I????


So that's it for now, at least until the weekend when hopefully the weather will cheer up and I can get out and do some more. The decking needs a good clean and the saucers around my pots are overflowing with green water, yuk.
Happy gardening one and all.

3 comments:

Paul and Melanie said...

Thank for popping over to my blog, nice to meet someone even newer to all this veg growing than we are! ;)

2nd on the list eh, sounds like it's moving along pretty well, do you know when the allotment fee's are due as that tends to result in a few empty plots as people don't pay for the next year.

Lumpyjumper said...

My first posted comments, thank you so much, really thrilled!

January was renewal month which is how I've moved from 6th to 2nd on the half-plot waiting list.

Not sure half a plot is going to be big enough now but we'll see..

Thanks again.

Paul and Melanie said...

We put our names on the list here last April and we were 7th at the time, so we had a nine month waiting period. To be honest, that was probably better for us (although we didn't like it at the time) as it allowed us to have a year trying things in a very small patch at home to learn the basics and spend a lot of time reading up on what to do. I guess you've already had that 'test' year though, fingers crossed something will come up soon though. :)

lol thats the thing, you can never have enough room. There's always something else you could plant if only you had a bit more space... ;)